- 1 1/2 cups walnuts;
- 2 tbsp maple syrup;
- A pinch of salt;
- 4 ripe avocados;
- 10 very soft dates, pitted;
- 4 tbsp raw honey;
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder;
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate;
- Begin by making the crust. Using a food processor, grind up the walnuts until small chunks are produced. Continue grinding and add the maple syrup and salt. You will know the mixture is combined, as it will be sticky and come together quite easily.
- Using 8 small ramequins, put a few tablespoons of the walnut mixture into each one of them. Press the mixture into the bottom of the individual ramequins so that a round disc forms. Place the individual ramequins in the refrigerator so that the crust can harden in the colder temperatures.
- Remove the skin and pits of the avocados and place the flesh in a food processor. Process and add the dates, honey and cocoa powder. Make sure you process until completely smooth.
- Remove the ramequins from the refrigerator. Place the mousse in a piping bag and pipe it out atop the crust in the individual ramequins. You can create a makeshift piping bag with a simple zip-lock or freezer bag but cutting one corner with scissors.
- Finish it all off by garnishing with the pomegranate seeds.