Thai Chicken Curry Soup
- 2 tsp coconut oil;
- 1 chicken breast, chopped;
- 1 onion, finely chopped;
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped;
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped;
- 2-3 tbsp curry powder;
- 2 cups water or chicken stock;
- 1 tbsp almond flour, optional, for thickening;
- 3 cups coconut milk;
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, optional;
- ½ tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Add the coconut oil and chicken to a large saucepan over a medium heat. Toss the chicken in the oil and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper and mushrooms to the saucepan and cook for just a minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper at this point.
- Coat the meat and vegetables in the curry powder (add up to 3 tbsp depending on how spicy you want the dish to be). Cook for just about 45 seconds.
- Add the water or stock, almond flour, coconut milk and fish sauce. Stir well. Allow the soup to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Adjust the seasoning, if needed, and top with the fresh coriander prior to serving.