- 12 medium scallops;
- ¼ cup coconut milk;
- ¼ cup tomato sauce;
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced;
- 1 tbsp coconut oil;
- 1 cup red onion, chopped;
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- Fresh oregano, finely chopped and to taste;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475F.
- In a medium skillet over a medium-high heat, saute the onions in the coconut oil. Cook for several minutes, until the onion becomes slightly transparent. Add the minced garlic to the mix and cook on medium-low heat. Saute for just a few minutes and then add the coconut milk and tomato sauce, followed by the oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lay the scallops on the bottom of a semi-deep baking dish that is large enough so that they do not overlap each other. Pour the coconut milk and tomato mixture from on top of the scallops and ensure that they are all well coated. Finish it off by sprinkling the diced tomatoes over the scallops and bake, uncovered, for anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes. You may find you need less time if your scallops are small, but be sure to check that they are cooked through. Cooking them too much is not a good idea either as overcooked scallops become very chewy.