Chicken Salad with Grapes, Apples, and Cranberries
- 1 lb chicken breast;
- ½ cup dried cranberries;
- 1 cup celery, chopped;
- ¾ cup green grapes, halved;
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped;
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced;
- 1 apple, peeled cored and chopped;
- 1 cup Paleo mayonnaise;
- 1 tsp lemon juice;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- It’s completely up to you how you wish to prepare the chicken. Oftentimes, this salad is the best recipe to make with leftover cooked chicken, but you can also prepare the chicken from scratch and pan fry it, boil it or roast it. I chose to boil it, as I was pressed for time; however, I find that roasting the chicken generates a much more flavorful end result. Either way, once it is cooked, chop it finely, or even shred it if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cranberries, celery, grapes, walnuts, avocado and apple. Give everything a good toss.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing into the large bowl with the chicken, fruits and vegetables and combine everything well so that all the ingredients are coated in the dressing. And there you have it, an easy yet extremely tasty chicken salad! Enjoy it right away or store it in the refrigerator.