- Season sole fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a hot skillet with cooking fat over a medium heat. Add the fillets and cook on each side until they are golden brown and cooked through. This should only take a few minutes, as Sole cooks quite quickly when prepared this way. It doesn’t matter if the filets break apart during the cooking process.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, drain the excess water and mash them in a large bowl.
- Add the fillets to the potatoes and break the fish apart with a fork while mixing it into the potatoes.
- Mix the eggs, mustard and onions in with the potatoes and fish and season the mixture to taste.
- Form the mixture into several thick patties/cakes (the quantity of patties will depend on the size you choose to make them)
- In a hot skillet, melt enough cooking fat to generously cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add the patties/cakes to the hot skillet and cook on both side until crispy and golden brown.