- 5 large eggs;
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach, chopped;
- ½ medium onion, chopped;
- 1 clove garlic, minced;
- ½ cup coconut milk;
- ½ tsp baking powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut milk together. Make sure you mix things up really well, I slacked a little and the yolk ended up being quite chunky in the finished product. As you continue to whisk, start adding in all the other ingredients.
- Now you are left with greasing a 9” pie dish and pouring everything in. Bake the quiche for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through in the center. I also like when the edges get golden brown and have a little crunch to them.
- If you are opened to consuming some dairy, it is quite popular to add some cheese into the quiche. If you choose to do so, I would recommend using a sharp cheese like cheddar or gruyere. Unfortunately, I will have to leave it to you to experiment with portions, as I have never made it with cheese, mainly because it’s already so delicious without.